We recently published a correction about the community paper from the Fragile Families Challenge (https://www.pnas.org/content/118/50/e2118703118). In brief, when we published our paper, we also posted our code on Dataverse (https://doi.org/10.7910/DVN/CXSECU), consistent with open science practices. Subsequently, one research team—Charles Rahal and Mark Verhagen—contacted us about a possible bug in our code. We have investigated this report carefully, and we agree that there was a bug in our code. While investigating this bug, we found two other unrelated issues. In the end, however, none of these issues impacted the conclusions of the article in any way.
In addition to publishing the correction, we have updated our replication materials and alerted any researchers we know who are working with the replication materials. If you are working with these replication materials, we recommend you use the updated version. We’d be happy to answer any questions about them.