We are happy to (belatedly) announce the publication of both a paper about the Fragile Families Challenge with 112 authors in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences and the Socius Special Collection.
Here are some links:
- Salganik et al. 2020. “Measuring the predictability of life outcomes with a scientific mass collaboration”
- Commentary by Filiz Garip about Salganik et al. 2020. “What failure to predict life outcomes can teach us.”
- Replication materials for Salganik et al. 2020.
- Socius Special Collection on the Fragile Families Challenge
- Twitter thread summarizing findings
- Article about project by Rose Huber, Princeton University: “Multi-year datasets suggest projecting outcomes of people’s lives with AI isn’t so simple”