This post will walk you through the steps to prepare your files for submission and upload them to the submission platform. The organizer of your group (i.e. your professor or TA) will provide a link to the submission platform.
1. Save your predictions as prediction.csv.
This file should be structured the same way as the “prediction.csv” file provided as part of your data bundle.
This file should have 4,242 rows: one for each observation in the test set.
This file should have 7 columns for the ID number and the 6 outcomes. They should be named:
challengeID, gpa, grit, materialHardship, eviction, layoff, jobTraining
The top of the file will look like this (numbers here are random). challengeID numbers can be in any order.
2. Save your code.
3. Create a narrative explanation of your study. This should be saved in a file called “narrative” and can be a text file, PDF, or Word document.
At the top of this narrative explanation, tell us your names of everyone on the team that produced the submission, or your name if you worked alone, in the format:
Then, tell us about how you developed the submission. This might include your process for preparing a the data for analysis, methods you used in the analysis, how you chose the submission you settled on, things you learned, etc.
4. Zip all the files together in one folder.
It is important that the files be zipped in a folder with no sub-directories. Instructions are different for Mac and windows.
On Mac, highlight all of the individual files.
Right click and choose “Compress 3 items”.
On Windows, highlight all of the individual files.
Right click and choose
Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder
5. Upload the zipped folder to the submission site. The link to this will be provided to you by the organizers (i.e. your professor or TA) of your specific instance of the Fragile Families Challenge.
Click the “Participate” tab at the top, then the “Submit / View Results” tab on the left. Click the “Submit” button to upload your submission.
6. Wait for the platform to evaluate your submission.
Click “Refresh status” next to your latest submission to view its updated status and see results when they are ready. If successful, you will automatically be placed on the leaderboard when evaluation finishes.